January 4, 2008

The Holidays


Wow! I can't believe it's been almost an entire month since I've made my last post. I would make the excuse that it's the holiday season and I'm too busy, but that wasn't the case this year. You see, Christmas isn't that big a deal here in Korea. I know some friends that even had to teach on Christmas day (I can't believe parents would make their kids go to school). But, my friends and I still wanted to get in the spirit a bit, so we all set up mini Christmas trees to make it feel a bit more like Christmas. On Christmas Eve, a couple friends and I sat around my apartment watching some Christmas classics such as Elf, and A Christmas Story while feasting on Kraft Dinner (shipped from home - thanks Mom and Dad!) and Guiness. We piled our gifts sent from home under my Christmas tree and actually waited until the morning to open them. That night, a local restaurant here in Daegu had a Christmas dinner party, so we bought tickets and celebrated with friends over turkey, ham and all the sides. It was just like being back home. The next day it was back to work as usual... no boxing day shopping this year : (

No comments: