October 27, 2007

It's a small world after all!

It's funny to think that my ears perk up whenever I hear the English language here in Daegu. I find that you hear so much of the Korean language all day long, that when you hear English being spoken in your surroundings you have to look around to see where it is coming from. This is also true for seeing other foreigners. It is still a novelty for me to see other Westerners in town, even though I know there are lot of us living here. Today, while walking downtown, I heard my friend Sarai say "foreigners at 12 o'clock". Of course we all looked that way to see a group of foreigners. As the crowd parted I saw a familar face... and ran into a guy that I went to school and swam with at Guelph. I knew that Jeremy had just recently arrived in Korea, but he is living in a town about an hour away from Daegu. Him and his co-workers were just in Daegu for the day - what are the odds of that? It is definately a small small world!


sorry no photos - I'm mad at myself for leaving my camera at home today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.