October 5, 2007

My Apartment in Hyomok-dong

Aside from the jetleg, I'm starting to get settled here in my apartment in Daegu. My walls are still mostly bare - I'll have to look around to start finding some posters to fill the space - but once I've done that I'm sure it will start to feel more like home. After my last post you probably all think that I'm living in some crazy roach infested place... here are some photos to show you that it is actually half decent and a lot bigger than I was expecting.

Photos: My kitchen, living room (has a tv, and my wardrobe) and my bedroom.

In South Korea they organize each city by district and then again by neighbourhood. I'm living in the district of Dong-gu, and the neighbourhood of Hyomok-dong. I've done the rounds of my neighbourhood and have found the market, the post office and a small grocery store. It seems like my area of town is in a good location. Only a short taxi or subway ride in one direction to downtown, and the same in the other direction to Costco (items from home... yeah!!). Once I find a place that sells postcards and when you all email me your addresses I can start to send out some mail!
I've added in some links to this post and the last one. I will try to do this more often so that you can easily find out some more information about some of the things I talk about in my posts. The words that are linked to other pages are highlighted.

Thats all for now. Wish me luck in my first full week teaching! Everyone back home in Canada have a Happy Thanksgiving - make sure you eat extra turkey for me!!!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet place.....its pretty big...i love the turoquise cupboards..so glad your doing well!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

The place looks great! Glad to hear you're having a great time!

Anonymous said...

Is that a microwave I see??? This is luxury for an apt in Korea! Ryan and I just got a couch this weekend, and only because we dragged it out of someones garbage!